SkyeTerrier.org is an informational site about the health, research, rescue and education of the Skye Terrier breed of dog . We hope our site will aid the Skye Terrier welfare, health and educational issues and will have a positive impact on the future of the breed. It is our individual and collective responsibility to use the tools of modern technology toward the betterment of the well being of our breed. We each must guard and cherish their individual and collective health and welfare. The future of the health and well being of the breed is the responsibility of each individual Skye fancier and breeder.
Some of the things we hope this site accomplishes:
- To foster and promote the public’s knowledge and appreciation of dogs in general and Skye Terriers in particular;
- To further understanding of the diseases, defects, injuries and other ailments that afflict dogs in general and Skye Terriers in particular;
- To support and promote the study of and research on the history, character, varieties, breeding, genetics and particular health problems of Skye Terriers;
- To establish a database of pedigrees and genetic characteristics of Skye Terriers;
- To rescue and re-home Skye Terriers;
- To protect, preserve and improve the Skye Terrier;
- To produce, publish and distribute to the general public educational materials about the proper care, treatment, breeding, health, development and training of Skye Terriers; and
- To exhibit ethical responsibility toward the Skye Terrier.
Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to contact us here.